Website Harrisburg Area Community College
New Administrative Office Specialist are available in Harrisburg, PA 17110 with Harrisburg Area Community College. Motivated candidates with excellent interpersonal skills are encouraged to apply.
Job: Administrative Office Specialist
Company: Harrisburg Area Community College
Location: Harrisburg, PA 17110
Full-Time 12 month
If part time, hours per week
Start Date Desired
Advertised Hiring Range
$31,831 – $39,789
Responsible for providing administrative support to three regional executives. Performs special projects that may require research and confidentiality. The position requires advanced computer skills and a broad knowledge of the College’s organizational structure, policies, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
Duties #1-6 are essential.
Job Specific Task List
1. Provides comprehensive administrative support to three regional executives; maintains calendars; coordinates meetings; tracks confidential paperwork; prepares reports; purchases supplies; creates, organizes, disseminates, and proofs documentation.
2. Compiles and maintains key client and partner contact information; conducts desk-based research to support the regional executives in identifying new leads and opportunities; accurately maintains a database of client and partner visit reports.
3. Collaborates effectively with the Office of College Advancement (OCA) to coordinate all aspects of campus-based donor and scholar recognition events, including printed program development, room scheduling, catering, room set up, and photography.
4. Collaborates effectively with Workforce Development by providing leads from employers for workforce training and education opportunities from within the service region.
5. Collaborates effectively with the Office of the President to schedule and coordinate celebrations and location visits.
6. Provides input into developing future budgets based on past financial transactions and anticipated funding availability.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent and four years of related experience. Or a combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Working conditions: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Qualifications: Preferred Experience
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
Clerical and office support practices
Record keeping principles
Assigned department operations and functions
Report preparation techniques
Inventory maintenance principles
Customer service principles
English language, punctuation, and grammar
Applying and explaining applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and/or procedures
Prioritizing and organizing work
Preparing and proofreading variety of business correspondence, records, reports, documents and forms
Exercising judgment and discretion
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Preparing meeting agendas and minutes
Providing customer service
Operating a variety of office equipment, including a computer and related software applications, telephone, fax machine, and adding machine
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life
HACC’s Core Values
We set high goals and achieve them.
We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
We provide exceptional service to all.
We challenge the status quo.
We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
HACC’s Diversity Statement
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a
college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Any Other Relevant Document
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* How did you first hear about this opportunity?
Chronicle of Higher Education
PA Job Gateway
Other, please specify below
* If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have at least four years of related experience?
* Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
* By completing this application, you agree to work as a member of the College to develop a culture of inclusion, diversity, civility and respect for every member of our community. Further, that you will demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the importance of inclusion and diversity. Do you agree with this statement?