Website University of California, Riverside
If you are looking for a part-time career then apply for the Medical Assistant u002F Patient Care Coordinator (La Quinta). The new position is open in the Riverside, CA 92521 at University of California, Riverside local office. Check out the details below.
Job: Medical Assistant u002F Patient Care Coordinator (La Quinta)
Company: University of California, Riverside
Location: Riverside, CA 92521
How to Apply
View All Details Back To Current Job Opportunities Apply
Medical Assistant / Patient Care Coordinator (La Quinta)
8AM – 5PM
$42,741 – $53,160
This position performs medical, technical, and administrative support services to contribute to the efficient day-to-day operations providing a positive patient experience. Clinical duties may include escorting patients to exam rooms, taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, assist in procedures, and other duties as directed by physician. Provides administrative support to the providers and interacts with patients by scheduling patient appointments in tandem with the provider availability, interacts with patients in person and on the phone, answers clinic phone, greets patient at check-in, collects patient information, updates/maintains electronic records, insurance verification, handles visit payments, ensures the clinic has needed inventory for operation, and performs clerical tasks. Secure authorizations for incoming and outgoing referrals.
This position will be primarily assigned to the La Quinta location, but may also be assigned to work at various UCR Health clinic locations. This position may be required to work different shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
(1) Medical Assistant Diploma or Certificate of Competency. Must have written evidence to validate training and competency as a medical assistant (i.e., certification of completion of a medical assistant training program, or a letter from supervising physician). To administer injections or provide venipuncture, must have written evidence of validation for training and competence in medication administration by injecting and skin testing.
A minimum of two years (2) years of experience working in an environment performing tasks related to front and back office duties related to this position. At least one (1) of these years should be in a medical clinic office or hospital setting where insurance verification and patient financial responsibilities are performed.
(2) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
(3) Understanding of medical terminology.
(4) Familiarity with universal precautions, handling of bio-hazardous waste, specimen identification and transport. Experience using standard exam room medical equipment and computers.
(5) Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with patients of varying ages and multicultural backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
(6) Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Ability to work well in a constantly changing environment.
(7) Flexibility to work at various clinic sites in the inland empire and different work shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Travel will be required between practice sites and administrative offices.
(1) Current Medical Assistant Certification.
(3) Work experience in a pediatric, women’s health, and/or primary care clinic setting.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities’ air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review’s “The Best 382 Colleges.”
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as “the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world’s top 500 universities.”
In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details
View complete Job Description for this position
General Campus Information
University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012
Career Opportunities • UCR Libraries
Campus Status • Maps and Directions
1160 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Fax: (951) 827-6493
Human Resources Home
Giving to UCR
Terms and Conditions
© 2010 Regents of the University of California
Last modified: 2010-Apr-22