Website University of Illinois
University of Illinois is looking for highly motivated and talented candidates for the part-time role of Extra Help-Office Support Specialist-Regional Nurse Program Urbana. The new role is available in Urbana-Champaign, IL.
Job: Extra Help-Office Support Specialist-Regional Nurse Program Urbana
Company: University of Illinois
Location: Urbana-Champaign, IL
Extra Help-Office Support Specialist-Regional Nurse Program Urbana (Job ID #125783)
Hours Per Week:
The function of this position is to provide direct, mid-level support and administrative assistances to the UIC College of Nursing Director & Business Manager (BAA), web-conferencing technology and students & visitors. This location is located in Urbana, IL about 150 miles away from Chicago.
Provide mid-level primary clerical support to the UIC College of Nursing Director & Business manager, including confidential materials. Format, proof, copy, draft and send correspondences. Coordinate meeting space, conference calls, make and process travel reimbursements using TEM, T-card and P-card. Schedule meetings, update personal calendars and confirm and trouble-shoot conflicts. Help BAA with annual inventory.
Support distance learning by scheduling, tracking, setting up and trouble-shooting web-conferencing. Using multiple resources, reserve classrooms space within the College and University. Collect and submit textbook orders to the UIUC and UIC bookstores and provide information to the students.
Provide general office support by opening and/or closing the office, office coverage, answer phones, make appointments, direct visitors and students, document and report facility needs. Make carpool reservations and process travel reimbursements for faculty. Help plan and set up for Special Events.
Assist Clinical Nursing Consultant with administrative tasks including evaluations, lab set-up and takedown, ordering lab supplies, inventory and scheduling.
Back- up Office Support Associate and perform other duties as assigned and appropriate.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Twelve (12) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Associate level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility
3. Any one or combination totaling twenty-four (24) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing clerical/office support work, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
36 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
60 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
Functional knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office programs and basic trouble-shooting.
1. Working knowledge of office support and routine office practices and procedures
2. Ability to keyboard accurately at a rate of 40 net w.p.m.
3. Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure and formatting
4. Skill in oral and written communication
5. Ability to utilize various software package
6. Ability to train and review the work of others
The ability and desire to multitask work with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff.