Website University of New Mexico
A new part-time Temp Part-time Faculty: English employment is available in Los Alamos, NM 87544. Highly motivated candidates with excellent communication skills are encouraged to apply. New opportunities are offered by University of New Mexico.
Job: Temp Part-time Faculty: English
Company: University of New Mexico
Location: Los Alamos, NM 87544
UNM Los Alamos Campus anticipates hiring Adjunct (Temporary, Part-time) Faculty to teach and/or develop Lower Division Courses (1000-2000 Level) in English for the Humanities Department in the Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021 semesters.
Anticipated openings, potentially include the following subject area: English
UNM-Los Alamos is a two-year branch campus of the University of New Mexico located approximately 90 miles northwest of Albuquerque. UNM-Los Alamos emphasizes teaching excellence and offers academic transfer courses, as well as vocational and technical courses to the citizens of Los Alamos County and northern New Mexico.
The Humanities Department at UNM-Los Alamos is seeking qualified temporary part time faculty members to teach lower division classes in various disciplines as specified above. UNMLA instructors are responsible for all aspects of any class they are teaching including but not limited to meeting with the class during assigned times, content delivery, assignment development, grading assignments, reporting of grades, and assessment of student learning as outlined by the Department Chair. Details of employment can be found online in the UNM-Los Alamos Faculty Handbook.
Positions are contingent upon need each semester as determined by student enrollment levels, current course offering matrix, and demand driven by graduation requirements. Positions may be filled or eliminated each semester up to the deadline for students to drop or add courses. Candidates who are selected for these positions will report to Department Chair, Dr. Reuben Sanchez.
Adjunct Faculty in the UNM LOS ALAMOS CAMPUS are currently compensated on the basis of their credentials and credit hour course loads, as follows:
Credentials Rate per Credit Hour
Minimum Qualifications to teach or develop courses in English are determined by Higher Learning Commission’s accreditation requirements for faculty, and must be met by one of these ways:
1. Master’s Degree in the discipline or subfield for which you are applying OR
2. A master’s degree or higher in a discipline other than that for which you are applying, and successful completion of at least 18 graduate credit hours in an accredited program in the discipline or subfield for which you are applying
1. Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary institution
2. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
3. Online teaching experience
4. Terminal degree in the discipline or subfield (Ph.D., MFA, etc.)